The mission of the library media program is to ensure that students and staff are effective users of ideas and information.
This mission is accomplished
· by providing intellectual and physical access to materials in all formats
· by providing instruction to foster competence and stimulate interest in reading, viewing, and using information and ideas
· by working with other educators to design learning strategies to meet the needs of individual students.
1. To provide intellectual access to information through learning activities that are integrated into the curriculum and that help all students achieve information literacy by developing effective cognitive strategies for selecting, retrieving, analyzing, evaluating, synthesizing, creating, and communicating information in all formats and in all content areas of the curriculum.
2. To provide a physical access to information
3. To provide learning experiences that encourages students and others to become discriminating consumers and skilled creators of information
4. To provide leadership, collaboration, and assistance to teachers and others in applying principles of instructional design to the use of instructional and information technology for learning.
5. To provide resources and activities that contributes to lifelong learning while accommodating a wide range of differences in teaching and learning styles, methods, interests, and capacities.
6. To provide a program that functions as the information center of the school, both through offering a learning activities within the school and through offering access to a full range of information for learning in the community.