Student Teacher Placement Process and
Student Teachers - Requirements
- Completion of on-line application for student teachers including
comprehensive resume, two letters of recommendation and college transcripts
- Completion of essay or cover letter expressing specific
interest in the Englewood Schools
- Completion of fingerprinting and CBI/FBI criminal history
check prior to assignment
- Interview and approval from Principal and Cooperating Teacher
- Application materials must be received no later than May 1st
for fall placement and November 1st for spring placement
- Student teachers who are selected will be notified by
- NOTE – In State program candidates will be given priority
consideration. Priority will be given to
areas in highest need of teachers (ex. – special education, secondary
mathematics, STEM, etc.).
- Prospective student teacher are not to contact teachers
and/or principals directly.
Cooperating Teachers – Requirements
- Must be non-probationary with the Englewood Schools
- Must have a minimum of five years of proven successful
- Master’s degree preferred
- May not have more than one student teacher one semester out
of four or if year-long one every other year
- Must have completed the District co-teacher training or
comparable training approved by Learning Services.
- Must participate in the interviewing of student teacher
- Must evaluate student teacher
NOTE: All special education and student services
interns, practicum students and student teachers must be approved by the
Executive Director of Student Services.
Assignment of student teachers,
interns and practicum students will be dependent on the school performance
framework status of each school. Schools
on priority improvement or turnaround will not host student teachers, interns
and/or practicum students.